Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mike Smith: Trailer Park Boys - Bubbles, "Hat"


Portrait, 8 1/2 x 11 in
Lead on Paper

I did this piece for Vulturefest down in Makanda this year.  Trailer Park Boys is probably the most brilliant show I've ever seen and of all the characters Bubbles is undeniable the best.  Mike Smith started on the show as a sound-engineer having had limited success in his Canadian grunge band Sandbox, who recorded two albums on EMI.  Due to some wonderful coincidences he ended up landing a starring role on Trailer Park Boys and is working on a new show with the cast from TPBoys now.  Watching TPB lately I was struck with how much I liked Bubbles when he was in his snow gear so I decided to stick him in that here.  His little beanie cap just cracks me up, not that his face isn't enough that is!  I can't wait to see this suckers hanging in the living room, now that's a conversation starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment