Monday, October 25, 2010

Buddha Shakyamuni

Buddha Shakyamuni

Cover Illustration,
Scratchboard

This was done as a cover illustration for another local artist who is putting together a book and wanted some illustrations breaking up the sections.  This one was for the "Spirituality" Section so I decided to go with Buddha, he called out to me what can I say.  This is with out a doubt the largest and most detailed scratchboard that I've done to date.  If you look really closely you can even see miniature hidden yin-yangs throughout the picture, it was pretty intense to say the least.  Because of the medium though I was able to achieve a much greater level of definition.  This was actually the first piece that anyone asked for a print of so I probably owe it all to this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment