Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Marty Feldman, "Playboy"

Marty Feldman, "Playboy"

Portrait, 8 1/2 x 11 in
Lead on Paper

I just can't get enough of that face!  Graves Disease was responsible for Marty's trademark bulging eyes but there was something else lurking beneath that disarming grin, responsible for his lasting legacy as a comedy genius.  It's not hard to picture him running amok on the BBC or teasing Frankenstein's monster - but there was a real guy behind all that, a man with some enormous mutton chops.  I tried to really conjure the essence of Feldman here, presenting him as seriously as I dared with out compromising the pictures integrity in some fashion.  I just got the fist prints of this back and I have to say I am more than impressed with them than I anticipated, and I had some high expectations - simply put, this is a hell of a print.

No comments:

Post a Comment