Friday, October 29, 2010

Marilyn Manson, "Dope"

Marilyn Manson - Dope

Portrait, 8 1/2 x 11 in
Lead on Paper

Somehow Manson has managed to stay ahead of the competition for lo these many years now.  His inventive use of shock tactics and gothic, angst ridden lyrics belies an extraordinary man.   The more you know about him as a human being, and especially the more you hear him talk the more you know how he's stayed ahead of the game for this long!  In the midst of all the Halloween hooplah this year with all the classic monsters I wanted to show my love for some of the monsters that have meant a lot to me personally.  Most of those are musicians so I decided to do Manson and Zombie - I was really pleased with the way that both of them turned out.  This is old school Manson, but not so old school that he isn't recognizable, if there is interest I might be intised into doing another piece from another era - hint hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment